Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's all about the little things

A disabled vet, who made his living jumping out of planes, receives wound care twice per week. Wound care that would have taken him half a day to complete on his own, he states. He's thankful...I'm humbled and honored to care for him. ~*~ A daughter and granddaughter providing such loving care for their mother and grandmother - thanked me for coming into their home to oversee the care and maintain a Picc line for IV infusions. Little do they know that I am blessed to come into their home, witnessing the love and compassion that envelopes their home. ~*~ An elderly man, doing everything possible to keep his loving wife in their home of 60 years, is so grateful to learn the correct way to monitor BG levels. He doesn't know that after I left his home, I thanked God for leading me on this path.



Spending some time with the knitting needles in hand, this evening. I have wanted one of those "infinity scarves", for awhile. I found a blog that I'm in love with! Knitting the "Yoshimi Loop Scarf" from her blog. Using some beautiful Lamb's Pride wool, that I purchased in Watkins Glen. Since I'm knitting with size 8 needles, this project is going to take a while, but I think the outcome may be a perfect accessory for my trip to NYC, next month!



It's good to be back to the blog. Happy week-ending, friends!


2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thank God you're back!! Just thought I would check, as I do every once in awhile and yahoo a new post since March!!

Monica said...

I'm moved by your post. Keep on the TLC and that beautiful knit.