Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello 2011!

Plagued with a chest cold for the new year. Hoping that I may be able to advert this hippo off my chest by drinking lots of fluids, consuming tons of oranges & eating some homemade soup. Made my version Olive Garden's Zuppa soup. Damn good. Chicken in the oven, to bake off the bone, for some homemade chicken noodle soup.



Said goodbye to the decorations, yesterday. I hated to take down my favorite little decoration that I purchased at Home Goods. Madison wanted to leave the bowl of Christmas bulbs, but I told her we would fill the bowl with pineconess and lights, for a winter decoration.






Of course, we needed a picture for 1/1/11. So snapped this candid of the kids & the dog. That's about all I have at this time. Lots of ideas for the upcoming months, though. Upcoming ideas & plans: 4 day ski trip to Hope Lake Lodge, a "melting pot" themed winter party, scrapbooking get-togethers, a trip to the wineries, lots of family movie/game nights, lots of baking/cooking with my daughter, a trip to Fingerlake Fibers new location and lots of knitting.

1 comment:

lapdogknits said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!!
Cute picture of the kids....my decorations came down the day after Christmas...I'm already getting excited about Easter & those decorations....and the candy!