Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all! Wishing everyone a fresh new year, filled with happiness and health!
Thought it would be a good day to change the name of my blog. I will continue to blog, but can't promise that I will get a post on, every day. I'm still on the "honeymoon" of finishing nursing school, enjoying my family & friends. Will have some upcoming pictures of a few knitted items soon. Hoping to get a few more friends knitting this year. Gave a gift of knitting accessories to a friend the other evening and promised her an upcoming knitting lesson over a few glasses of wine. Still have one friend that is trying her damnedest to knit, but her knuckles turn white with tension...kinda defeats the r-e-l-a-x-a-t-i-o-n of knitting. Then there's my friend, Renee..who still patiently is waiting for me to show her how to knit the handles on her Lucy bag. This weekend, I promise!!

Feeling some anxiety of leaving my old job..last day being Jan. 8th. Mostly due to the fact that I just adore my co-workers and have made some great friends. I must admit the other anxiety is going from a job that I know everything about and could do it with my eyes closed...to a brand new job as a nurse. I guess it's a combination of anxiety/excitement.

To my nursing sistas - can't wait to hear how you all are doing!!! We must get together in a few months to tell our nursing stories. The PA girl will head to NY. Honestly, one night after getting out of work, I automatically started heading up Rt 17...it's hard to break old habits. Remember girls, if it gets too stressful, pick up some knitting needles and knit your a-- off, it's a great stress reliever:)
Dates~Jay and I went to the Grovedale Winery, (a very impressive place with some great cab), last weekend, and then out dancing. Looking forward to another hot date on January 10th.
Taking the kids to Barnes & Nobles on Saturday to let them spend their gift cards..I wish I had my own gift card to B&N..my fav store! While they are shopping, I'll have my own agenda of checking out the newest med/surg pocket references and knitting books.

Marbles~ remember the old fashioned marble board? We pulled that out New Year's Eve, (the one my Dad made in shop class), and played a few rounds. Forgot how fun it is. The only thing is that I'm impatient and am always telling someone "it's your turn..go". I got a joy out of knocking people back to home:) Marbles...the highlight of our New Year's Eve.

Something new that I'm starting ~ 365 days of flickr..which means I will take a picture every day and post in a flickr account, on this blog. By this time next year, it will be fun for me to reflect back on each day's pic.

Have a super weekend, everyone!


No comments: