In the beauty seat this morning by 7:15 am for color & highlights, (thank you Mia!), then to the grocery store & back home by 11:00. In the mood for soup making. Decided on corn chowder & homemade beer bread, (used Jay's last can of brewsky). Since most of the day is devoted to studying for Monday's exam, I thought soup & bread would be the way to go.
I like to have several candles lit, when I study..not sure why..just do. Kitchen is smelling of soup, bread, & chardonnay scented candles. Table is covered with notes, books & Madison's art supplies & lit candles. Jay has been enjoying the day, as well..doing the "puttering" things that guys do, (washing vehicles, organizing stuff, admiring his work while drinking a beer, winterizing things).
Logan is on his way to Montoursville, for a district playoff game. Jay and I will leave around 5:00, to get down there for the 7:00 kickoff..should be exciting!
First time making the beer bread..so simple and very tasty! Check out the recipes, below.
- 3 cups of self-rising flour
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 12oz can of your favorite beer
Mix together just until blended. Drop mix into greased, 5x9 bread pan. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes..listen for "hollow" sound on bottom of pan. While warm, shine the top with melted butter.*I also added 1/2 c of oatmeal and 1 T of honey..might have been able to not use any sugar, and just use the honey.
- 3 cans of sweet corn
- 2 cans of cream of celery soup
- dices onion & carrots (to your liking)
- 3 or 4 potatoes, peeled & diced
- 4 or 5 pieces of bacon, fried & broken up
- 1 & 1/2 c whole milk or heavy cream
- 2 T flour (mix with enough hot water to be runny)
- salt & pepper
- cook in the crock pot on high for two hours, then simmer on low for a few more.
Enjoy your evening. Heading to Montoursville for an exciting football game!