Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Shack

After spending 16 hours of this weekend on the oncology floor, I am 120% sure that this is my purpose for becoming a nurse. I worked with amazing nurses and care partners and I definitely want to become part of their team. I was very excited to be called into the nurse manager's office, after she heard that myself and another student were interested in working at this hospital. Our group was very well received this weekend, and the staff were happy to have the extra help, as it was extremely busy. My best clinical experience thus far.

I decided that tonight would be the perfect time to start reading a book that was given to me, along with a hug, a few months ago. I have been eyeing this book on my bookshelf; however, knowing that I needed to keep up on my nursing lecture readings, I hadn't allowed myself to start it. The Shack has received so many excellent reviews, as you can tell from having it's own website. I have heard that the book is hard to put down, being so uplifting & powerful.
NOTICE the cake?? Well..how about cake without the fatty calories..2 ingredients, my friends. A friend informed me about making this cake and raved about it...with good reason! A cake mix and a 15 oz can of pumpkin..nothing else - mix the two ingredients together and add to a 9x13 cake pan, bake at 350 until done. No eggs, no oil! I served it to my family for dessert, tonight...they loved it! My friend said that you can use any flavor cake mix. This is a must try recipe! I chose a spice cake, but I hear chocolate is great, also. I did add a thin layer of frosting, but a light dusting of powdered sugar would be less calories.

No comments: