Sunday, September 28, 2008

Taking a breather from the care plans

Since I didn't budget my time, wisely, I'm overloaded with paperwork this evening and needed a little break..The weekend started out with a very soggy football game clear out in no-mans land. We have been watching Logan play FB in Cowanesquie since he was 8 years old..the trip doesn't get any shorter! Score ending 34-14, Towanda. Not much sleep acquired Friday evening, as I was nervously anticipating a call from Logan, letting me know that he and three of his friends arrived safely at Lycoming College.

Madison and my nieces..
aren't they sweet!
Spent Saturday afternoon at the roller rink for Emily's 7th birthday, later Mads and I headed over town for a night of Outstanding Young Woman performances. Program lasted until 11:15 pm..but well worth it.

We picked up some pumpkins after church this morning and I found myself wanting to bake something "pumpkiny" - made some pumpkin spiced bars using a healthier recipe:

4 eggs
1 c sugar
1 c apple sauce
1 16 oz can pumpkin
2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1 t salt
3 oz lowfat cream cheese
1 t vanilla
2 c confec. sugar
Beat first 4 ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients, then add to beaten. Spread in deep cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Mix cream cheese, vanilla and conf. sugar for icing.

Fall not only reminds me of baking, pumpkins, mums and candles...also reminds me of grapes and wine:) A wine trip is in the making for the month of October..can't wait!

No comments: