Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nursing Exam #1 down, 4 to go

I got out of work an hour early and was up to the college by 4:00. Spent 45 minutes reviewing..not sure why I do that to myself..by this point, nothing else can be stuffed in the brain! By 4:50, I had cotton balls stuffed in my ears (I know..geeky, but I think I might have a little ADD because I hone in on the buzzing sound that the overhead light makes and it distracts me). Bummed some gum, got my back corner table and was ready to role. Seventy -five questions and seventy -five minutes...not much time to fiddle around! Finally, after several years, I have learned what it means to "not read to deep into the question". I use to analyze for so long, that I overlooked the obvious and went for the deep..not good. I'm feeling pretty ok about this test tonight...which will probably jinks me for saying that! Will find out tomorrow, as grades will be posted online.

Trying to spend as much quality time with Madison as I can, (again..Logan really isn't into the quality time right now, but I do force a Mama hug on him every morning:) I once read that it isn't so much the amount of time, but the quality of time. Madison hasn't seemed like herself and she's been having a lot of stomach aches (anxiety, I believe). I'm sure this crazy schedule of mine is wearing on her. Jay will be taking her to her open house at the school tomorrow night. Breaks my heart that I can't be there for that. This will be the first one I have ever missed. But I plan on having her give me a tour next Tuesday. Since I have Tuesday's off, I thought I would surprise her at the end of the school day and let her show me her room, meet her teacher, etc. This is definitely the toughest four months, and I'm not talking about the work load, but more the strain & feelings of guilt. -Thank God for my Mother & Mother-in-law. I am very blessed to have them. Mom helped Madison study her spelling words tonight and took her to dance while Jay fixed Logan's car. Before she went to bed, we studied vocab and she had time to read me an entire story.
We decided to take the kids with us, next month, for a long weekend away. It was supposed to be for the two of us (anniversary), but we want the kids to go, as well. We haven't decided for sure, but possibly the Adirondacks or Catskill Mtns.

No comments: