Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Company for the commute

My Mom and Madison joined me on my commute to and from the college tonight! I had Microbiology lab this evening, starting at 6:00. Jay and Mads were planning on coming, but Jay got busy helping Logan with his car - so my Mom came along. They dropped me off at class and headed across the street to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Luckily, my lab only lasted one hour and I was out the door by 7:00 pm. I never thought that I would enjoy Microbiology, but so far it's been a lot of fun. I found myself quite excited that the swab sample from the local water fountain that I cultured last week, had grown quite a nasty looking bacteria. I will identify it next week under a microscope. We went over to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream, before heading home. It was so nice to have them along for the ride!


Spent the entire day studying for my upcoming nursing exam tomorrow night. My mind feels like mush tonight - mostly from trying to come up with ways to remember all the medications and the side affects.

Early this morning after the kids left, I set the timer on the stove and gave myself 45 minutes to get the house picked up before settling in to study...if I didn't do this, I know I would have gotten involved in "deeper" cleaning..no time for that. The timer thing is another trick from Fly Lady.

Later in the day, Mom, Anna and Daisy were out for an afternoon stroll and stopped by to give me a study break.

No comments: