Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wine Trip

The rain didn't hold anyone back from enjoying the wineries today. Rasta Ranch was untouchable and poor little Tickle Hill was maxed out with eager wine tasters. Tons of limosines & buses. We ended up at five wineries for the day. Before getting started, Renee & I spent a little time at the Finger Lakes Fiber Shop while the guys visited the local pub. Came out well supplied with a cable needle & some hand painted wool, all set to try my hand at knitting socks, as well as some alpaca & wool for a scarf & hat to compliment Madison's new coat. I enjoyed shopping for yarn with Renee and dinner with friends, much more than the wineries. A little too crowded for me. The four of us have very different tastes for wine, I like the dry wines, ending with a semi-sweet, Jay likes beer, and the Grimes' list consist of semi-sweets, ending with what I consider syrup. We vowed to head back this winter when the fireplaces are lit and everything is blanketed in white.

I just realized that Jay and I have the house to ourselves this evening. Madison is at the Comfort Inn, spending the night at a birthday party and Logan just left to meet some friends. Now..this doesn't come around very often! wink, wink

No comments: